Subgum low mein noodles, a combination of meat, vegetables and Chinese egg noodles. Simple and great take out food or you may like this Easy Zha Jiang Mian for night snack.
- 1/2 lb. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 3 oz. pork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 oz. cucumber
- 2 oz. carrot, slice into strips
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/5 tsp five-spice powder
- 2 tbsp sesame paste
- 1/2 tbsp ground garlic
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Peanut oil for frying
- The soft egg noodles we will need to make subgum lo mein recipe.
- Cut pork across grain into strips, mix with marinade for 20 minutes.
- Peel carrot, slice diagonally into thin strips. Crack egg, beaten well.
- In a wok or pot with boiling water, blanch carrot until tender, remove.
- Scramble beaten egg in wok with drop of oil, remove and slice into strips.
- Heat a wok to hot, add oil and meat, stir fry until color change at low heat.
- The vegetables are ready for lo mein recipe, set aside. Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl. Whisk around.
- In a pot, bring enough water into a boil, add noodles and cook for 2-3 minute until soft. Remove, drain.
- Serve subgum lo mein recipe hot with all ingredients toss together, pour the sauce on the top.