You can make your own shrimp lo mein/mian at home for less cost of going out to a Chinese restaurant and you can adjust the ingredients on your own preference, or have an easy start from subgum lo mein recipe.
- 10 oz. lo mein noodles
- 2 oz. medium shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. mung bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rinse the bean sprouts we will need to make this shrimp lo mein recipe.
- In a saucepan with enough boiling water, add mung bean sprouts and coo for 30 seconds or until soft, remove and drained thoroughly.
- Lo mein noodles (soft egg noodles) we need, boil in the same saucepan for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Remove and soak in cold water for a while until cool enough. Remove and whisk around with sesame oil.
- Peel shrimp and deveined, whisk around with cornstarch and marinate for 10 minutes. Beat egg completely.
- Scramble egg in a wok with 1 tsp oil, push aside and reheat wok to medium high heat with 1 tbsp cooking oil, stir in shrimp until nearly cooked, add broth, sauces and green onion, bring to a boil, and add egg and bean sprouts back to wok, completely tossed.
- Serve shrimp lo mein recipe hot with bean sprouts mixture on the top.