Shrimp fried rice is a basic wok-fried rice recipe in Chinese food as well as the Young Chow Fried Rice. People add or replace ingredients according to personal preferences, use ham or bacon if you don’t have shrimp available, Singapore Fried Rice is a great example for you to try.
- 7 oz. cooked rice
- 1/2 lb. shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz. green peas
- 2 oz. carrot
- 2 oz. corn grains
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/5 tsp salt, or as needed
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Olive or canola oil
- Measure out the shrimp, peel and deveined for the shrimp fried rice.
- Crack eggs and beating with dash of salt until well mixed.
- Scramble egg in a wok with 1 tsp olive oil at medium heat until done, removed.
- Reheat wok to medium high with 1 tbsp olive oil, add vegetables.
- Stir around, add water and simmer for 5 minutes at medium heat, removed.
- Wipe out wok, add 1 tbsp olive oil, when oil is hot, and stir in shrimp constantly until color changed.
- Combine together cooked rice, stir around until loosening.
- Add egg and vegetables back to wok with shrimp and rice, stir in soy sauce and toss until well blended, add green onions.
- Serve shrimp fried rice immediately, enjoy!