Shrimp egg foo young also spelled egg fooyung, it is an omelet dish made with bacon, shrimp and bamboo shoot vegetable. The veggie is changeable, check Mushroom Egg Foo Young recipe for an example.
- 1/2 lb dried/fresh shrimp
- 3 /2 oz. bacon
- 5 green onions
- 4 oz. canned bamboo shoot
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- White pepper powder
- 2-3 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 oz. carrots
- 2 oz. mung bean sprouts
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 small can water chestnuts
- 1 package of chicken or beef gravy mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- Chop green onions, bacon, and bamboo shoot for this shrimp egg foo young recipe. Soak shrimp in warm water for 5 minutes, and drained.
- Crack eggs and lightly beaten in a big mixing bowl until well dissolved, add soy sauce, green onions and pepper powder, stirring until well mixed.
- Heat a wok to medium heat with no oil; add bacon, shrimp, and bamboo shoot. Stir fry constantly until all ingredients are aromatic.
- Remove the shrimp mixture, and set aside to cool and then add to the egg mixture, use chopsticks to stir slightly until completely blended.
- Heat wok to medium with oil, using a ladle to place the ingredients in the center of the wok and flatten the mixture out. Cook until solid.
- Fold the cooked shrimp egg fooo young in half if desired. Continue cook until you finish all stuffs, remove and serve the sauce on top.
Mix sauce ingredients with a wire whisk. Heat on medium high until bubbly, then reduce to warm and let thicken, stirring often.