Shanghai fried rice has more ingredients than Beijing Fried Rice; it is a Chinese food can delight your family; it is a vegetarian version of Young Chow Fried Rice, serve as a main dish or a side to compliment an entrée.
- 1 lb. leftover rice
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz. peas
- 5 oz. carrot
- 5 oz. ham
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp green onions
- Olive oil for frying
- The carrot and ham we will need for this fried rice recipe.
- Boil peas in a saucepan with boiling water until nearly cooked.
- Chop carrot, ham and green onion, set all ingredients aside.
- Heat a wok to medium with 1 tsp oil, scramble egg, separate into pieces, moved.
- Reheat wok to medium high with 1 tbsp oil, add rice and slowly crumble any lumps.
- Combine together all vegetables; continue stirring until all ingredients are dispersed in the fried rice.
- Stir in salt, green onions, well mixed.
- Remove fried rice and serve it hot as main dish.