This Plain lo mein is made with boiled noodles, tossed with soy sauce and sesame oil, no fired vegetables or meat include.
It is the easies dish for night-snack in China. If you have enough time to spend in kitchen, we suggest you try Easy Zha Jiang Mian recipe for a balancing nutrition and flavorful taste.
- 5 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodles)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Green onion/coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black bean sauce, optional
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar, optional
- In a saucepan, add enough water, add olive oil and salt and bring it into a boil at high heat, add lo mein noodles, cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Remove and cool under running water and drained thoroughly, set in a big mixing bowel.
- Stir in sauce ingredients in the above order giving, use chopsticks to whisk until completely blended.
- Garnish this plain soy sauce lo mein recipe with green onion or coriander.