Moo shu chicken is a delicious recipe which is originating in northeast China, it consist of sliced chicken meat and scrambled eggs, stir fried with wood ear mushrooms, day lily buds or other vegetables. Check the Chicken Moo Shu recipe for an example.
Moo shu recipes are great to serve in flour tortillas sometimes. Learn how to make it from Moo Shu Beef dish.
- 11 oz. chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 oz. soften wood ear mushroom
- 2 oz. fresh/soften day lily buds
- 10 oz. potato
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 green onions
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 8-10 flour tortillas, optional
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch, mix in
- 1 tbsp water
- Measure out the main ingredients we will need to make this moo shu chicken recipe.
- Rinse chicken meat, pat dry and cut into thin strips, mix with marinade and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Peel potato, cut into strips and soak in clean water before using, split wood ear mushroom and day lily buds.
- Heat wok to medium-low heat with 1 tsp oil, add egg and scramble until cooked through, removed.
- Reheat wok with 1 tbsp oil at low heat, add chicken and stirring constantly until meat color changed, removed.
- Add 2 tbsp oil into wok, heat it to hot, stir in garlic, ginger and green onion for a few seconds until aromatic.
- Combine together potato and day lily buds; stir fry for 1 minute at medium-high heat, add water, cook until sauce is thickened.
- Add wood ear mushrooms, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes, mix in sugar and dash of salt.
- Add egg and chicken meat back to wok with other ingredients, well tossed to completely combined.
- Thicken the extra sauce with cornstarch and water mixture if desired.
- Sprinkle sesame oil in the top for garnishing, whisk around the food.
- Remove Chinese style moo shu chicken recipe and serve hot with Chicken Fried Rice.