Mongolian chicken recipe is great to serve with blanched green vegetables and pan-fried noodle in soy sauce. For a little kick, add crushed red pepper or try How to Make Hunan Chicken recipe.
- 1/2 lb. chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red chili
- 1 green chili
- 1 oz. scallion
- Peanut/vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt, for taste
- Pinch ground white pepper
- Peel onion, slice diagonally into pieces with scallion. Cut chicken into cubes, remove fat and bones.
- In a soup pot, add enough water and chicken pieces. Boil briefly until color changed, removed.
- Add oil into preheated skillet, add meat and stir fry at medium heat until golden brown.
- Add together the onion, continue stir fry for 3-5 minutes until half-transparent or shrivel.
- Stir in green pepper and scallion, cook until tender, and mix in soy sauce, sugar and salt.
- Season Mongolian chicken recipe with ground white pepper, make a taste test before serving.
Add boiled mung bean sprout with chicken if desired.