There is no specific ingredients in lo mein sauce, it is all depending on your own taste preference and the food available in refrigerator check House Special Lo Mein recipe for an example.
- 5 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 3 oz. ground pork
- 3 oz. eggplant
- 2 oz. tomato
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp broth/water
- Peanut oil for frying
- Cut tomato and eggplant into tiny pieces, stir fry ground pork in a sauté pan until color changed. Add vegetables.
- Stir and mix in ketchup, slat and sugar, pour broth or water, and simmer for 6-8 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- In another wok or pot, add enough water and bring into a boil at high heat, add noodles, cook for 2 minute until soft.
- Remove and soak in cold water for a while until cool enough, remove and drain through, mix with sesame oil well.
- Pour lo mein sauce on the top of cooked egg noodles, toss them around completely, and serve immediately.