This Chinese homemade fried rice makes a great pot-luck dish for busy weekday, it goes seriously well with leftover rice and meat, healthy and delicious recipe as well as the Chicken Fried Rice.
- 1 lb. cooked rice
- 2 tomatoes
- 7 oz. prawns
- 3 eggs
- 3 green onions
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse and cut tomatoes diagonally into tiny pieces for fried rice.
- Peel shrimp and deveined. Chop green onion as well.
- Thaw egg into room temperature before using.
- Crack egg in a medium-size mixing bowl and beating well with dash of salt.
- Scramble egg in a wok with 1tsp oil at medium heat until cooked; chop it into pieces with spatula.
- Push egg aside, add 1 tsp oil in the middle and add tomatoes.
- Stir fry for about one minute until juicy, mix in dash of salt and remove from wok.
- Reheat wok to high with 1 tbsp oil, stir shrimp constantly until turn pink, mix in rice wine, sugar and salt.
- Add tomato mixture back into wok, whisk around with all ingredients.
- Combine together cooked rice; slowly stir around until completely blended.
- Sprinkle green onions on the top for garnishing, whisk around.
- Remove Chinese homemade fried rice and enjoy hot.
Add some soy sauce before adding tomato back to wok for an extra flavor. Cool cooked rice to room temperature if you don’t use leftover.