This healthy omelette is a vegetarian egg foo young recipe, the same as Mushroom Egg Foo Young. They are prepared with beaten egg, vegetables and green onions for a fragrant flavor, sometimes flour was added.
- 2-3 eggs
- 3 1/2 oz. carrot
- 1/2 lb. medium gluten flour
- 5 stalks green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 cups water, or as needed
- Rinse off the egg shell to remove any loose dirt or germs. Clean green onions and carrot. Prepare flour.
- Peel carrot and crush into pieces, and then chop green onion on cutting board. Place them in big mixing bowl.
- Combine together the medium gluten flour and crack egg into the mixing bowl with other ingredients.
- Mix in salt, soy sauce and Chinese rice wine/dry sherry together into the egg mixture. Prepare the water.
- Pour water in a steady stream to the mixture, use a pair of chopstick to stir up and down until well mixed.
- Heat a wok to medium heat with bit of oil, using a ladle to place the ingredients in the center of the wok.
- Flatten the mixture out and cook until solid. Continue cook until you finish all stuffs. Fold the omelette in half.
- Remove this pan fry omelet, sliced and served with some dipping sauce on top. (Such as tomato sauce)