How to make healthy okra, instead of frying the ingredient in animal’s fats, you can stir-fry it in olive or canola oil which is hearty-healthy, this will reduce the fat levels or cook Stewed Okra and Tomatoes recipe.
- 1/2 lb. fresh okra
- 3 1/2 oz. Chinese sausage
- 1/4 cup white fungus, soften
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 scallion, white part only
- 3-5 pieces fresh ginger
- 1/2-1 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- Salt for taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil for frying
- Measure out the vegetables and meat ingredients we will need to make this healthy okra recipe. In a bowl, add water.
- Soak white fungus in water until soft, remove stems and split into small pieces, and blanch in hot water for 3 minutes.
- Clean Chinese sausage and steam in a steamer for 20-30 minutes until soft, remove and cool. Slice into thin pieces.
- Cut off ends of okra pods, clean and drain thoroughly, cut across into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Chop garlic, ginger and scallion.
- Heat a wok to high heat with oil, add garlic, ginger and scallion, stir fry briefly, add okra and cook until mucus come.
- Add fungus and sausage, and mix in soy sauce, salt. Stir until food is cooked through. Serve this healthy okra recipe hot!
Okra can’t be fried too long, otherwise it will destroy the nutrition, stir fry until the mucus is come, and the mucus is good for health.