A delicious fried brown rice in Chinese food, the key is to use firm vegetables not mushy ones, tossed with soy sauce for a beautify color and use leftover or refrigerated rice better than the hot or warm, the same as the Curry Fried Rice.
- 5 oz. leftover rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 oz. Chinese cabbage
- 1 oz. carrot
- 1 tbsp scallion, white part
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Run vegetables and scallion clean under running water, drain and chopped.
- Heat a wok to high at medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil, stir in scallion to aromatic and add veggies.
- Stirring constantly until tender, mix in soy sauce, sugar and salt, whisk around completely.
- Add the leftover rice to the wok, stirring, crumbling out any lumps, and make sure all ingredients are dispersed in rice.
- Turn heat to medium and spread fried rice smooth, pour egg in a steady stream around the top, stirring around to completely mixed.
- Remove fried brown rice and serve hot with meat dishes.
The cooking time doesn’t include the time of soaking mushroom.