Curry fried rice; a flavorful Chinese food for dinner or night snack, feel free to use leftover turkey instead of pork. If you don’t like spicy food, omit the chili paste or try Cheese Fried Rice for a light taste recipe.
- 1/2 lb. leftover rice
- 1 block curry, or as needed
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 3 oz. carrot
- 1/2 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tsp wine/dry sherry
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp green onions
- 1/5 tsp salt for taste
- Pinch pepper powder
- Ground pork, chop green onion, set aside. Chop carrot, in a pot with boiling water, blanch carrot until tender for curry fried rice.
- Heat a sauté pan or wok to medium heat with cooking oil; add curry and chili paste, stirring constantly until well mix and dissolve.
- Combine the ground pork, cook until separate pieces and color turn white, mix in Chinese cooking wine and soy sauce, and mix well.
- Add the cooked carrot, whisk around. Mix in leftover rice, turn heat to low and stirring constantly until rice grain is loosening.
- Mix in salt, whisk until all ingredients are well combined, and sprinkle green onions on the top just 5 seconds before serving.
- Season this curry fried rice with dash ground pepper, make a taste test and adjust the salt if desire. Remove and serve hot.