Chinese vegetarian fried rice recipe is also called Subgum Fried Rice in mandarin. It is an easy and fast one-wok meal. Leftover or refrigerated rice is the best as the rice grains don’t stick together like the hot, wonderful to serve with a meat dish.
- 10 oz. leftover rice
- 2 oz. corn grains
- 2 oz. carrot
- 2 oz. red cabbage
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 corianders
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as needed
- Rinse mixed vegetables and cut into tiny pieces to match corn grains for this fried rice.
- Crumble out any rice lumps, cut garlic and coriander diagonally into pieces.
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil, stir in garlic briefly until aromatic.
- Add mixed vegetables, stir constantly for 1-2 minutes until tender.
- Continue stirring while mixing in oyster sauce, sugar and salt, well tossed.
- Push veggies aside, add 1 tsp oil in the middle and combine rice.
- Stir-fry until all ingredients are tender and well dispersed in the fried rice, garnish with coriander or green onions.
- Make this Chinese vegetarian fried rice for 2 serves.