Salted fish adds its distinctive flavor to this Chinese style restaurant fried recipe; cooked ham or bacon ingredients can be used in place of the chicken, or you might want to see How to Make Ham Fried Rice.
- 3 1/2 oz. leftover rice
- 7 oz. chicken
- 2 1/2 oz. salted fish, boneless
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Remove any bone and skin from chicken for this Chinese fried rice recipe, slice it into bite-size pieces and marinate with marinade for 15 minutes.
- Cut salted fish into small pieces and chop ginger root.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp oil, add fish and stir fry until lightly brown, remove.
- Reheat skillet with 2 tsp oil to medium, add chicken and stir fry until color changed, remove.
- Add 1 tsp oil in the skillet, stir in gingers until aromatic. Combine together leftover rice, slowly whisk until heated through.
- Mix in light soy sauce and salt, add chicken and fish ingredients back, completely tossed.
- Sprinkle green onion on the top for garnishing, well mixed.
- Remove and serve this Chinese style restaurant fried rice hot.