This Chinese pepper steak stir fry is a hot main dish for Chinese food fan, flavored with soy sauce and barbeque sauce, strong taste to serve with steamed white rice.
If you don’t feel like the spicy food, you would like Chinese Pan Fry Beef Steak with Black Pepper Sauce recipe.
- 1 pound flank steak
- 3 tsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp barbeque sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 slices ginger
- 2 green onions
- 3 tbsp oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- Cut the beef across the grain into 1-inch cubes. Whisk it around with marinade, stirring well and marinate the beef in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove seeds and cut into cubes. Chop the garlic, ginger. Cut green onions on diagonal into 1-inch pieces. Mix sauce ingredients.
- Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tbsp oil, when oil is hot, adds pieces, stir-fry until the beef changes color and is nearly cooked through.
- Remove steak from wok, set aside. Reheat wok to medium high heat with 1 tbsp oil, stir in ginger and garlic, and stir fry for 10 seconds until lightly aromatic.
- Combine together red and green peppers, stirring around constantly for 30 seconds until tender and dark green and red color. Mix in sauce mixture.
- Add the beef steak back into the wok. Mix it around with everything until well coated with sauce, for about 1 minute; sprinkle the green onions on the top.
- Taste this pepper steak stir fry recipe and add extra sugar or soy sauce if desired. Serve hot over cooked rice.