Drunken Chicken is a popular Chinese recipe in Shanghai. The chicken was steamed and then marinated with Chinese cooking wine and Shaoxing wine as a basic seasoning to create a deep and awesome taste. If looking for a simple recipe, try this Cantonese White Cut Chicken with Soy Sauce recipe.
- 2 big chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 200 ml Shaoxing wine
- 400 ml water
- 1 tsp Chinese wolfberries
- 3 slices ginger
- 2 star anise
- 2 tbsp scallion
- Remove meat bones for this Chinese style drunken chicken recipe.
- Whisk it around with salt and cooking wine, and marinate for 1 hour.
- Roll chicken thighs tightly and wrapped completely with tinfoil, seal the edges.
- In a big saucepan with enough boiling water, add chicken and steam for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil seasoning ingredients in another saucepan for 15 minutes.
- In a big container, mix Shaoxing wine with seasoning sauce, add chicken.
- Cover the lid and refrigerate for 6 hours, overnight is the best.
- Remove drunken chicken, drain excess marinade and sliced before serving.