Chinese chicken salad is a great dish in summer days, there is no salad in this recipe, but rice vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauces make a wonderful dressing, and leftovers taste great served in a wrap.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 big green pepper
- 1 big red pepper
- 1 tbsp roast almond or cashew
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Asian sesame oil
- Optional ingredients as needed:
- Head lettuce leaves
- Ramen noodles, chicken flavor
- Canned oranges and water chestnuts
- Shred the cooked chicken meat with your hands into thin strips for this chicken salad recipe.
- Remove peppers seeds and cut into strips, boil in saucepan with hot water for 1 minute until tender.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk around all dressing ingredients, well mixed.
- Combine drained pepper together with chicken, add almond or cashew if using.
- Pour the dressing on the top of food, and stirring with chopsticks until completely blended.
- Serve Chinese chicken salad dish with noodles or cooked rice.
If use optional ingredients, boil lettuce in saucepan until tender, use canned oranges and boil ramen noodles until done. Mix all ingredients with chicken before adding the dressing.