Chicken egg foo young, a homemade Chinese food. It is prepared with chicken breast and stir-fried with egg white. For a restaurant style, see How to Make Shrimp Egg Foo Young is a good example.
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, boneless
- 5 eggs white
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp green onions
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 4/5 tsp salt
- Slice the chicken across the grain into thin pieces, mix with five spice powder, cornstarch and 1 egg white, marinate for 10 minute.
- In a big mixing bowl, divide the egg yolk and egg white, and ten beating the egg white with a wire whisk fast until completely mixed.
- Heat a wok to medium at medium heat, add 2 tsp oil, when oil is hot, add egg white mixture, and stir fry until solid, separate into pieces.
- Reheat wok to medium with remaining oil, when oil is hot, add chicken and stir fry constantly for 3 minutes until color changed.
- Add egg white back to wok with meat ingredients, add green onions and stir in salt, stir fry for about 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Taste chicken egg foo young stir fry recipe, and adjust the seasonings if desired. Remove and serve hot with cooked rice.