Chicken chow mein, is a simple homemade Chinese food. It is a combination of fresh meat and vegetables as well as the Subgum Chicken Chow Mein, all stir-fried ingredients tossed in wok with Chinese noodles and soy sauce.
- 3 oz. chow mein (egg noodles)
- 3-4 oz. chicken breast, boneless
- 2 oz. carrot
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp green onions/coriander
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Slice meat into strips, mix with marinade and set for 15 minutes for chicken chow mein recipe.
- Rinse and peel carrot, slice into thin strips to match meat ingredients. Chop garlic and ginger.
- In a pot with enough water, add drops of oil, bring into a boil. Cook noodles until tender, remove.
- Heat a wok or sauté pan to hot over medium heat, add garlic and ginger, and fry until fragrant.
- Add together meat strips, and turn heat to medium, stir fry constantly until color turn white.
- Combine together the carrot, drizzle down dash of water and fry for 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Mix in soy sauce, sugar and salt; stirring constantly until all ingredients are coated with sauce.
- Add together boiled egg noodles, turn heat to medium-low and whisk with chopsticks well.
- Garnish chicken chow mein recipe with green onions or coriander, make a taste test. Serve.