Chicken chow fun recipe, prepared with long and thin rice vermicelli, needle mushrooms and marinated meat, serve as a side dish with white rice. It is great to use the wider and slippery ho fun noodles as well, check How to Make Pork Chow Fun and How to Make Beef Chow Fun recipes links to learn more.
- 2 oz. chow fun (dried mei fun noodles)
- 10 oz. chicken breast
- 4 oz. needle mushrooms
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp green onion
- Cut meat into thin strips, marinate for 20 minutes for chicken chow fun recipe.
- Soak mei fun noodles in warm water for 20 minutes until soft, remove, drain.
- Rinse, remove hard stems of needle mushrooms, place rice noodles on the top.
- Heat a wok to medium with oil, add chicken strips, and fry until color changed.
- Stir in soy sauce, whisk completely and pour chicken into wok, bring into a boil.
- Pour chicken and any liquid on the top of noodles, steam in wok for 10 minutes.
- Remove and pour liquid into another wok, heat and mix in sauce ingredients.
- Give a quick re-stir to cornstarch and water mixture and thicken the sauce well.
- Pour sauce mixture on the top of chicken chow fun, garnish with green onion.