Cashew chicken recipe is a simple Chinese-American dish that combines deep-fried chicken dices, cashew and bell peppers, flavored with thick sauce made from soy sauce and oyster sauce.
The meat pieces usually stir-fried, depending on the personal favor and time you have, click Chinese Cashew Chicken and Carrot Stir Fry recipe link for another version.
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast
- 3 oz. cashews, roasted
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp scallion, chopped
- 2 oz. cucumber
- 1/5 tsp five-spice powder
- 1/5 tsp salt, for taste
- 1 tbsp abalone sauce
- Ground white pepper, for taste
- Peanut oil for deep-frying
- Rinse chicken breast, pat dry and cut into dices. Mix with marinade ingredients for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, cut scallion into wedges, cut cucumber and red pepper into dices.
- Slice yellow and green bell pepper into half, remove seeds and cut into dices with match others.
- Add amount oil into wok, heat to 60 percent hot. Add marinated chicken, deep-fry until golden brown.
- Heat a wok to medium with 1 tbsp oil, stir in scallion and green pepper briefly until aromatic.
- Combine together the yellow and red bell pepper; stir fry constantly for 20 seconds until tender.
- Stir in five-spice powder, salt and abalone sauce. Add meat pieces back to wok, drizzle down water.
- Whisk around until everything is well blended with sauce; add roasted cashews into chicken at the end.
- Turn off heat, season this easy Chinese recipe with ground white pepper, transfer and serve hot.
Make a taste test before serving if desired.