Cantonese fried rice recipe has a light taste, consisting of egg, onion, and ham/sausage ingredients while Taiwanese Fried Rice use char siu/bacon, both has no soy sauce.
The ingredients in Chinese wok-fried rice were interchangeable, an example is Young Chow Fried Rice, or you can check What Ingredients in Fried Rice to learn more. Don’t limit your imagination; just make sure you have the main ingredients included.
- 4 oz. leftover rice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion
- 2 oz. coriander
- 2 oz. sausage
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground pepper for taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- If you don’t have leftover rice, check how to steam white rice and cool before make Cantonese fried rice recipe.
- Rinse onion and coriander, drain and chop into tiny pieces with sausage. Beat egg with dash of salt in a bowl.
- In a sauté pan, scramble egg with 1 tsp oil, push aside. Add onion and stir fry until aromatic at medium heat.
- Add together the coriander, stir around until shrivel, push aside and add 1 tsp oil and the sausage, heat around.
- Add the rice, keep the heat at medium-low and cook until rice grain is loosening, stir in soy sauce, whisk completely.
- Season this Cantonese fried rice with salt and dash of pepper, make a taste test if desired, remove and serve hot.