This broccoli lo mein recipe is a fast take-out food, for an added flavor, you can stir fry broccoli with oyster sauce and then tossed with Chinese egg noodles or check Subgum Lo Mein Salad for a strong taste, or Healthy Vegetarian Lo Mein for vegetarians.
- 5 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 4 oz. broccoli
- 3 tbsp peanut, roast
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame pate
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- Measure out the soft egg noodles and main ingredient for this broccoli lo mein.
- Roast or stir fry peanut and sesame seed until done. Smash into tiny pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sauce ingredients and whisk around completely.
- In a wok or pot, add dash of olive oil and salt, blanch broccoli until dark green.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain thoroughly, set aside in a serving plate.
- In the pot, bring water into a boil again. Cook noodle for 3 minutes until soft.
- Remove with strainer, cool under running water, and whisk around with sesame oil.
- Place the egg noodles in the middle of broccoli, or just toss them around completely.
- Mix peanut and sesame seed with sauce mixture, pour on the top of broccoli lo mein.