Broccoli fried rice is a simple and fast Chinese recipe that offers a balanced ingredients of meat, grains and vegetables, for a vegetarian, see How to Make Vegetarian Fried Rice or replace pork with egg.
- 5 oz. leftover rice
- 2 oz. broccoli
- 1 oz. pork
- 1 oz. carrot
- 2 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/5 tsp salt
- Peanut oil for frying
- Rinse vegetables, and cut carrot into small pieces, separate broccoli into pieces for this fried rice recipe.
- Clean and chop green onions, garlic. Slice meat into tiny strips.
- Heat a wok to medium heat with 1 1/2 tbsp oil, stir in garlic briefly until aromatic, add meat and whisk around for 30 seconds, mix in rice wine and soy sauce.
- Combine together broccoli and carrot, turn heat to medium-high.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until veggies are tender, stir in salt and oyster sauce.
- Add together leftover rice, stirring and crumbling out any lumps.
- Continue cook until every grain of rice is coated with sauce and turn light brown color.
- Mix in green onions, transfer broccoli fried rice and make it for 1-2 serves.