Beijing fried rice is the easiest version of Asian Egg Fried Rice in Chinese food. It contains leftover rice, egg and green onions, tossed in the wok with no extra seasonings and spice added.
For a personal taste, it is good to add more ingredients with your choice, you can learn from How to Make Young Chow Fried Rice.
- 7 oz. leftover rice
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tbsp green onions
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Chop onion, beat eggs in a bowl with dash of salt and water added for this Beijing fried rice recipe.
- Heat a wok or frying pan to medium at low heat with 1 tsp oil, pour egg mixture and fry until cooked.
- Turn off heat and separate the egg into small pieces with chopsticks or spatula, remove and set aside.
- Wipe out the wok if desired, reheat wok to medium at medium heat with the rest oil, and add onion.
- Stir fry briefly until aromatic, add together the leftover rice, stir constantly until rice grain is loosening.
- Add egg, whisk around with other ingredients, season Beijing fried rice with salt, well mix before serving.