This homemade authentic Chinese snow peas recipe is simple and adaptable, chicken or tofu can replace the beef and other green vegetables such as asparagus can substitute snow peas. So you decide what flavor you like.
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp light (thin) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 scallion, white part
- 10 oz. snow peas
- 2 tbsp hot water/chicken broth
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Peanut/vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse scallion and slice diagonally into thin strips for this beef stir fry recipe, set aside. Trim snow peas and run it clean under running water.
- Cut the steak across the grain into thin strips 1 1/2 inches long. Mix well with marinade ingredients in a bowl and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok or heavy skillet on medium-high to high heat, and add one tablespoon oil. When the oil is hot, add the scallion.
- Stir fry constantly for about 10 seconds until the scallion is aromatic and lightly brown, and then combine together the snow peas.
- Continue stirring slowly for about 1-2 minutes until the color changes to dark green, sprinkle dash of salt over, whisk around and removed.
- Reheat the heavy skillet to high heat with 2 tbsp oil; add beef, let sear (brown) for a minute, then stir-fry until the beef is nearly cooked.
- Add the snow peas back into the pan, stir it around with meat pieces for another 1 minute until completely blended all ingredients.
- Mix in the chicken broth, or water into skillet, stirring quickly to dry the sauce out. Taste and season it with salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove this quick beef stir fry with snow peas recipe; and serve it hot with cooked rice or boiled noodles.