This colorful beef chow fun is a staple recipe in Cantonese cuisine, made with bean sprouts and bell peppers, if you don’t like spicy food, see flavorful Beef Chow Fun or click Chow Ho Fun Noodles with BBQ Pork recipe link to see more authentic Chinese food.
- 3 oz. chow fun (ho fun noodles)
- 7 oz. flank beef
- 3 oz. red bell pepper
- 3 oz. yellow bell pepper
- 3 oz. bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp granulate white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stalk green onion, sliced
- Canola oil for frying
- Salt for taste
- Cut meat into thin strips, marinate with marinade ingredients for 20 minutes for beef ho fun recipe.
- Remove seeds of peppers, slice into strips to match meat, rinse mung bean sprouts, drained.
- Heat a wok or sauté pan to medium at low heat with 1 tbsp oil, add beef and stir fry until cooked.
- Add together bean sprouts and pepper, fry until crispy tender, combine rice noodles, whisk well.
- Stir in soy sauce and the remaining sauce ingredients, use chopsticks to make everything combined.
- Garnish this beef ho fun recipe green onion, make a taste test, adjust seasoning before serving.