Beef chow mein, a delicious and quick dinner to prepare! It makes a wonderful combination with the vegetables and meat in barbecue sauce and save your time by using cooked beef, if you have a strong taste of spicy food, try Beef Chow Fun which is the staple in Cantonese cuisine.
- 3 oz. chow mein (egg noodles)
- 7 oz. barbecue beef
- 2 oz. green vegetables
- 2 oz. black fungus (soften)
- 1 tbsp sha cha sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peanut oil for frying
- Soften black fungus in warm water, remove and slice into tiny pieces for beef chow mein recipe.
- Rinse green vegetable under running water; slice diagonally into small piece to match other ingredients.
- I use leftover barbecue beef this afternoon; feel free to use turkey or pork if you have them on hand.
- Heat a wok or sauté pan to hot over medium-high heat with oil, stir in vegetable and black fungus.
- While the vegetable is frying, in another pot, parboil egg noodles until tender, but not over soft.
- Turn heat to medium, stir in meat and noodles, stir well and mix in sauce ingredients. Whisk around.
- Garnish beef chow mein with sesame oil; make a taste test and adjust the seasoning before serving.