Beef chop suey soup, a flavorful recipe with strong taste and thick sauce, a warm and comfort soup to serve before meal, as well as the Crock-Pot Vegetable Beef Soup recipe.
- 7 oz. beef sirloin
- 6 oz. potato
- 5 oz. carrot
- 5 oz. pumpkin
- 5 oz. onion
- 3 oz. celery
- 5 oz. tomato
- 3-4 cup hot water/broth
- 2-3 tbsp ketchup
- 1/3 tsp salt
- White pepper for taste
- Peanut oil for frying
- Peel potato and cut into bite-size dices for this Chinese chop suey soup recipe.
- Cut beef across the grain into 1/2 inch long dices. Peel pumpkin and slices.
- Peel onion and rinse under running water and slice diagonally into rings.
- Remove the stems and brown leaves of celery, cut into I inch long pieces.
- Rinse tomatoes, drain well and cut cross-wise patter into bite-size pieces.
- Heat a wok to medium with oil, stir in onion for 1 minute. Add together beef.
- Add the rest veggies except tomatoes. Stir for 5 minutes and then transfer into soup pot. Pour water and simmer for 20 minutes at high heat.
- Then turn heat to medium, cook until food is soft. Add together the tomatoes and ketchup, continue cook for 5 minutes with the lid covered.
- Season this beef chop suey soup recipe with salt and ground white pepper, make a taste test if desired before serving.