This bacon lo mein is very easy to handle, made with eggplant and stir fry with meat in Chinese black bean paste, a good recipe for dinner as well as subgum lo mein recipe.
- 3 1/2 oz. lo mein noodles
- 2 oz. bacon
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp black bean paste
- 1/4 tsp salt or as needed
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Canola oil for frying
- Rinse and peel eggplant for bacon lo mein noodles recipe, and slice diagonally into thin pieces, about 1 1/2 inch long.
- Cut bacon across the grain into tiny pieces. Set side.
- In a big saucepan pan with enough boiling water, add 1/5 tsp salt and add eggplant.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until soft and color changed, remove and drained thoroughly.
- Heat a wok to medium high at medium-high heat; add 2 tbsp canola oil, when oil is hot, stir in green onions briefly until aromatic.
- Add together bacon; stir fry constantly for 1 minute.
- Add eggplant back to wok with meat, mix in black bean paste and salt, well tossed for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- In a saucepan with boiling water, add lo mein noodles, cook for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Remove and drained excess oil, whisk around with sesame oil.
- Serve bacon lo mein noodles hot with stir fry eggplant mixture on the top.