Authentic Chinese lo mein noodles without any meat in it. But the soup still bring you a favorite flavor. Substitute cucumber if you like.
- 1 pound lo mein noodles
- 1 tbsps oil
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly cut into strips
- 2 tbsps green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp gingerroot, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 2 pieces Chinese cinnamon
- 1 aniseed
- Put your wok on the stove with oil. Heat to hot, add aniseed and Chinese cinnamon, stir-fry for seconds until aromatic.
- Add gingerroot, rice wine, soy sauce, sugar and salt, stirring through once.
- Combine chicken broth, bring to a boil for 15-20 mins.
- When the soup is boiling, take another pot, add water with 1-2 tbsps salt.
- Add lo mein noodles after the water is boiling, cook until soft.
- Pour soup the the bowl, add drained noodles together.
- Sprinkle cucumber and green onions, toss till well mixed.
- Serve lo mein noodles hot with extra soup.