Egg fried rice is a staple recipe in Chinese cuisine, in this dish the rice grains is well coated with the egg before frying, so the result is perfect, and the Beijing Fried Rice is the easiest version, for the one who has few ingredients available on hand.
- 14 oz. cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 tsp gingerroot, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp green onions
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cook rice with automatic rice cooker, Cool to room temperature or use leftover.
- Crack 1 egg into it, and whisk around with spoon until each grains was coated.
- Cut carrot into 1/2 inch cubes and chop green onions.
- Heat skillet to high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil, stir in ginger briefly until aromatic, add carrot and cook to tender, moved.
- Reheat skillet at medium-low, crack remaining egg into it.
- Scramble egg until done; add half green onions, well mixed.
- Combine together rice, stirring constantly until grains are dispersed.
- Add carrot back, stir in salt, green onions and sesame oil, stirring completely for 1 more minute.
- Remove and make this Asian egg fried rice for 2-3 serves.