Lo mein recipe has many variations, noodles in this dish was tossed with shrimp and egg mixture soup, If you are looking for more authentic mein recipes, see how to make pork lo mein and subgum lo mein.
- 3 1/2 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodles)
- 2 oz. medium shrimp
- 1 bunch garlic chives
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 cup vegetarian broth/chicken stock
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 tsp seafood soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper powder for taste
- Measure out the main ingredients for this lo mein recipe, peel and shrimp and deveined, marinate with cornstarch and Chinese cooking wine for 15 minute. Chop garlic chives, ginger and garlic. Set aside.
- In a big saucepan with enough boiling water, add egg noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes at medium-high heat until soft, remove, drained and tossed with sesame oil.
- Heat a wok to medium heat with 1 tbsp canola oil, add garlic and ginger, stir fry for 5 seconds, add shrimp and cook until color turn pink.
- Pour broth, cover and bring into a boil.
- When soup is boiling, turn heat to medium and drizzle egg into wok, stirring around after 5 seconds.
- Combine together garlic chives and all sauces, cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic and the soup is half dry.
- Pour shrimp mixture over the top of lo mein noodles recipe and make it for 2 serves.