Lo mein noodles recipe isn’t fried, even include some of the vegetables, all you need is to boil them until cooked and tossed together with a sauce, a good example is subgum lo mein, so lo mein is a very popular take-out food in many Chinese restaurants.
- 5 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodles)
- 3 oz. long green beans
- 3 oz. pork belly
- 1 tbsp green onions
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 2 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp yellow soybean paste
- 1/2 cup hot water/ chicken broth
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse green bean and cut into tiny pieces for this lo mein noodles recipe.
- Chop green onion and ginger into tiny pieces. Set aside before cooking.
- Cut pork into small size, mix with marinade ingredients and set for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok to hot with oil over low heat, add green onion, ginger and meat, fry until color changed.
- Combine together the vegetable, whisk around and stir in sauce ingredients. Pour hot water or broth.
- Simmer at medium-high heat until vegetable is cooked through; serve hot with boiled lo mein noodles.