Kung pao (gong bao) chicken pizza is a Chinese and western combined recipe. It is made with a popular Szechuan stir-fry dish and combined with potatoes, and cheese. It seem has lots of ingredients but easy to cook with patient.
Serving suggestion: this recipe would be excellent to be served with the easy Chinese Sweet and Sour Pizza Sauce.
- 6 oz. flour
- 6 oz (180ml) water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1tsp cornstarch
- 1/5 tsp sat
- 1 1/2 oz. potato
- 7 oz. Mozzarella
- 1 oz. butter cheese
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless
- 4 oz. cashew, roasted
- 1 big egg, beaten
- Peanut/canola oil for frying
- Mix flour with sauce1 ingredients, add water 1/3 at one time and roll the mixture into flour dough.
- Add together the butter, roll again until smooth. Set in a covered container until 2 times bigger.
- Make dough flat with rolling pin, set in a greased baking pan. Poke several holes on the top with tooth stick. Refrigerate.
- Peel potato and slice into 1/2 inch long dices.
- Cut Mozzarella and butter cheese into dices. Set aside.
- Mix slices chicken breast with marinade for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok to medium with oil, stir in potato and cook until 80 percent done.
- Wipe out the wok and heat to hot with oil, stir in chicken until color changed.
- Pour sauce2 ingredients and roasted cashew, stir around. Remove and set to cool.
- Remove baking pan from refrigerator, brush the pizza edges with beaten egg, then topped with potato and butter cheese dices.
- Add 1/2 part Szechuan Kung pao chicken, then add all mozzarella dices and cover with the rest chicken pieces. Preheat oven to 390 F. degree.
- Cook this chicken pizza for 15 minutes. Remove and brush overall with egg again and bake for 5-7 minutes until brown color and cheese is dissolved.