This Korean spicy tofu soup stew can be made completely mild to very spicy, omit the peppers to adjust the spiciness or like many Korean people does, add pork for an extra flavor. If looking for a bland Chinese soup check Hot and Sour Tofu Soup, you would love it.
- 1/2 lb. soft tofu
- 3-4 oz. kimchi
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Korean chili paste (kochukaru)
- 3-4 cups hot water/chicken broth
- Slice the spicy cabbage into chunks for this Korean spicy tofu soup recipe.
- Heat a stone pot/electric crock-pot to hot with oil, add peppers, fry briefly.
- Add together the spicy cabbage, whisk around completely at medium heat.
- Mix in Korean chili paste, stir well and add water into the pot, bring to boil.
- Combine the sliced tofu pieces; stir lightly to soak completely in the soup.
- Simmer at low heat for 10 minutes; serve this Korean spicy tofu soup hot.