This flavorful and juicy lo mein recipe makes a great dinner or late night snack for you, if you want a thin sauce, omit cornstarch mixture at the end of cooking or see how to make Chinese lo mein for an example.
- 3 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 2-3 oz. ground pork
- 3 oz. cucumber
- 3 oz. carrot
- 3 oz. onion
- 2 oz. green pepper
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp yellow soybean paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili sauce, optional
- 1/2-1 cup water
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 1 tbsp water
- Ground the pork and peanut for this house special lo mein recipe.
- Rinse cucumber and carrot, slice diagonally into thin strips, set aside.
- Peel onion, slice into thin strips and then chop into tiny pieces, set.
- Slice green pepper into half, remove seeds and chop into tiny pieces.
- Heat wok to medium over low heat, add meat and peanut, stir fry well.
- Splash meat with rice wine, adds onion, mix in the rest sauce ingredients.
- Pour water bring into a boil at high and simmer for 10 minutes at low heat.
- Add pepper, stir to tender, thicken sauce with cornstarch and water mixture.
- Whisk all ingredients around before serving this house special lo mein recipe.