Homemade tofu with sweet soybean paste, an appetizer with steamed white rice, the same as the recipe, Tofu in Abalone Sauce. If you like sweet and sour taste, feel free to add vinegar/lemon juice and sugar at the end of cooking.
- 1 lb. firm tofu
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sweet soybean paste
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp broad bean sauce
- 1/3 tsp sugar, optional
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with,
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp green onion, garnishing
- Peanut oil for deep-frying
- Cut tofu into bite size-pieces, dredge into cornstarch to coated completely and then deep-fry in wok until golden brown for this recipe.
- Reheat wok to hot with 1 tsp oil at medium heat, stir in garlic briefly until aromatic. Mix in sauce ingredients and bring into a boil. Stir well.
- Thicken the sauce with cornstarch mixture and pour on the top of homemade tofu with sweet soybean pate recipe. Toss around before serving.