This homemade Subgum Chow mein is vegetarian version of wok-fried Chinese noodles, the same the Authentic Chinese Chow Mein recipe. Actually one or more seafood and vegetables could be added for an extra taste, check Subgum Chow Mein with Shrimp recipe to have an easy start.
- 10. parboiled chow mein (soft egg noodles)
- 2 big eggs
- 3 oz. carrot
- 7 oz. sweet onion
- 2 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sha cha sauce
- 2 tbsp water/chicken broth
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 oz. green onions
- 1-2 tbsp peanut oil for frying
- Rinse and cut onion, carrot and green onions into 1 1/2 inch long strips for this homemade subgum chow mein recipe.
- Crack eggs in a mixing bow. Add dash of salt, stir completely and then scramble in a wok with 1 tsp oil. Remove set aside.
- In a pot, add enough water, bring into a boil. Add noodles and cook 1-2 minutes until tender, remove and mix with sesame oil.
- Heat a wok to hot with oil, add carrot, fry at medium-high heat until tender. Add egg back to wok, whisk around completely.
- Combine together onion, stir fry constantly until onion is soft, mix in green onions, whisk until tender, mix in sauce ingredients.
- Turn heat to medium-low and stir this homemade subgum chow mein completely until everything is well blended, sever hot.