Homemade lo mein, one of the most popular recipes in Chinese cuisine, it has many variations, and save much of cooking time by using cooked stir fry ingredients, if you are looking for a more authentic recipe, see house special lo mein.
- 1/2 lb. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- Stewed beef and potato, as needed
- Coriander, as needed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Make the Stewed Beef and Potato in advance for this homemade lo mein with beef recipe.
- Measure out the soft egg noodles we will need. Make spaghetti or rice vermicelli for a handy substitute.
- In a pot or wok, bring enough into a boil, add noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Remove and soak in cold water until cool enough. Drain and mix with sesame oil and salt.
- Rinse coriander and drain thoroughly, and then chop into very tiny pieces, green onions is a good substitute.
- Serve lo mein noodles hot with stewed beef and potato, garnish with coriander.