Homemade chow mein recipe, prepared with pork and vegetables, stir in wok with soy sauce, simple and delicious. If you are a fan of Chinese sausage, try Homemade Sausage Chow Mein to delight yourself, and you may also want to know How to Make Shrimp Chow Mein.
- 1/2-1 lb. chow mein (soft noodles)
- 3 oz. pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp scallion
- 1 oz. carrot
- 2 oz. onion
- 2 oz. green pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soybean paste, optional
- 1/5 tsp salt
- Peanut oil for frying
- Ground white pepper, for taste
- Ground meat/slice into tiny pieces for this homemade chow mein noodles recipe.
- Slice pepper into half, remove the seeds and slice into small pieces. Set aside.
- Rinse, peel onion, carrot, slice diagonally into thin strips, cut scallion into wedges.
- Parboil noodles briefly in a pot until tender. Remove, cool in cold water and mix with sesame oil.
- Heat a wok to hot with oil over medium heat, add scallion and pork, and fry until meat is cooked.
- Splash the meat with rice wine and soy sauce. Combine onion, carrot and green pepper. Well mix.
- Add together parboiled egg noodles when vegetables are tender, stir around and stir in sauce mixture.
- Splash the food with dash of water or chicken broth if desired. Try to use chopstick to mix them well.
- Season this homemade chow mein noodle recipe with ground pepper; make a taste test before serving.