Looking for a delicious and simple homemade recipe? Try this chow ho fun, it is prepared with stir fry egg, he fen and stir fry meat, and if you are a vegetarian, just omit the pork and use vegetarian broth instead of chicken broth for the fresh flavor or try this basic chow ho fun recipe.
- 3 1/2 oz. ho fun noodles
- 7oz. pork
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup stalks celery
- Prepare the main ingredient for homemade chow ho fun recipe. Rinse and drain meat, then chop across the grain into tiny pieces, or just sliced into 1 inch long strips, clean celery and green onion, sliced diagonally into pieces.
- If use refrigerated noodles, let them set outside to room temperature, and then boiled in a saucepan with boiling water for 3-5 minutes until soft. Remove and drained.
- Lightly beat eggs, whisk together the pinch of salt, then fried in the wok with 1/2 tsp cooking oil until done, separate into pieces, remove from the wok.
- Reheat wok to high with 1/2 tsp oil; add pork, stir fry for a few seconds until color changed, splashed with Chinese cooking wine and 1 tsp light soy sauce. Removed and keep warm.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil into the same wok, heat it to medium-high at high heat, add celery, and stir fry constantly until dark green.
- Stir in scallions, well tossed for 10 seconds until tender.
- Combine together ho fun noodles, pour into water or broth, use chopsticks and spatula to toss it very well.
- Add remaining light soy sauce, whisk around until completely coated with sauce.
- Re-add egg back to wok, turn heat to medium, stir in pinch of salt for taste.
- Add together pork, stirring and shaking with chopsticks until all ingredients are heated thoroughly.
- Transfer and enjoy hot with soups.