This healthy vegetarian lo mein or Veggie Lo Mein is a Chinese food that prepared for the one who is busy for wok, as it calls for easy ingredients and you even don’t need to fry, just toss the boiled food with noodles at end and seasoned with sauces.
- 7 oz. lo mein (package wheat noodle)
- 3 oz. carrot
- 3 oz. cucumber
- 3 oz. bean sprouts
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Asian light osy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili oil, optional
- Make soft egg noodles for a handy substitute if desired for this healthy vegetarian lo mein recipe.
- Cook noodle in a pot with hot water for 6-8 minutes until tender, remove and mix with sesame oil.
- Cut cucumber and carrot into thin strips; blanch carrot and bean sprouts in a pot briefly until tender.
- Serve this healthy vegetarian lo mein immediately with all ingredient combine together, toss around.
Instead of boiling all vegetarian ingredients, you can stir fry in wok with sauces until done, and pour over the top of egg noodles.