Healthy egg rolls, made with beaten egg, lettuce and ham. It is great breakfast dish or appetizer with noodles. In Chinese food, egg roll is a version of omelet; click How to Make a Healthy Omelet to learn more.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 4 oz. flour
- 3 oz. lettuce
- 5 oz. hams
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp rice wine
- 1/5 tsp ground black pepper
- Water as needed
- Peanut oil for pan-frying
- Crack eggs in a bowl; beat completely for this healthy egg rolls recipe.
- Rinse green onion, drain thoroughly and then chop into tiny pieces.
- Add green onion to egg, mix in salt, rice wine and pepper powder, stir well.
- Combine together the sift flour into the mixing bowl, and drizzle down water.
- Beat lightly along one direction while adding water until the mixture is flowing.
- Brush the non-stick sauté pan with oil, heat to medium and pour egg mixture.
- Pan-fry at medium low heat until both sides is thicken. Remove and set to cool.
- Place the lettuce and ham evenly on the top of pan-fried egg pancake, roll it up.
- Slice the healthy egg rolls into bite-size pieces while serving, enjoy with milk.
- Soak lettuce with light salty water for 30 minutes in advance, rinse and then drain.
- Don’t make the flour and egg mixture to thick, the thinner the better.