This healthy braised Tofu is simple and fast to make, the same as the Vegan Tofu Salad. It is prepared with oyster mushrooms and firm tofu, braised in the wok with oyster sauce and soy sauce mixture, a high quality health diet for high cholesterol and high blood pressure people.
- 10 oz. firm tofu
- 5 oz. oyster mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic
- 4 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3-4 tbsp water/broth
- Peanut oil for frying
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 2 tsp water
- Measure out the main ingredients we will need to make this healthy braised tofu recipe.
- Slice bean curd into 1/4 inch thicken and 2 inch long pieces. Soak in salty water for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok to hot with oil at medium-high heat, stir in garlic to aromatic. Add mushrooms.
- Combine together tofu pieces when mushrooms are tender, whisk around at medium heat.
- Stir in sauce ingredients and water; simmer for 8-10 minutes until well coated with sauces.
- Season healthy braise tofu with salt, for a thick sauce; thicken with cornstarch mixture if desired.