Golden tofu, I enjoy the simplicity and texture of this dish. It is a nice snack or appetizer to entertain with as well as the Golden Tofu Rolls.
Looking for an authentic Chinese dish to serve with steamed rice? Try Homemade Crispy Fried Tofu recipe.
- 1 lb. firm tofu
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp chili oil, optimal
- 2-3 tbsp peanut oil for pan frying
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch thick and 1 1/2 inch long cubes, or use a model to carve your favor pattern.
- Sprinkle dash of salt overall the pieces and set aside before pan frying the golden tofu recipe.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat it to medium high at low heat with oil, add tofu pieces and cook.
- Deep-fry in batches, until it is golden brown and crispy, taking care not to overcrowd the wok.
- Mince the garlic and mix with vinegar, soy sauce and the remaining ingredients in a boil, stir completely.
- Serve the golden tofu hot with the garlic and vinegar dipping sauce mixture hot.
Keep the heat at low, don’t burn the food. You can add or reduce the ingredients in dipping sauce, according to your favor.