Fuqi feipian recipe is a classic Chinese food in Sichuan cuisine, it served as main dish with steamed rice at room temperature, cold in summer days also are available.
This dish is made of fresh beef and esculent offal, stewed with Sichuan spices and served with red chili oil, hot and numbing.
- 1 lb. fresh beef
- 1 lb. beef offal (heat, tongue, tripe)
- 1 lb. Chinese gravy
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorn
- 2 aniseeds (5 g)
- 1 slice cinnamon (5 g)
- 8 tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 oz. whit wine
- 14 oz. water
- Topping sauce:
- 5 oz. chili oil
- 5 oz. soy sauce
- 5 tsp Sichuan peppercorn powder
- 3 1/2 oz. sesame seeds/sesame powder
- 5 oz. peanuts, roasted, chopped
- Coriander, as needed
- Rinse beef and beef offal, cut the meat into chunks, put into a big pot, add water just enough to cover the meat, heat to a boil at high heat, continue cook until color turn white red, and remove any sundries.
- Remove, wipe out pot, add beef meat back, and combine the gravy, spices and sauces Heat for 30 minutes at high heat after boiling, and then simmer for about 90 minutes at low heat until soft and tender.
- Remove with strainer, cool outside for a while. For the topping sauce: spoon out 1/2 lb. the gravy (sauce in the pot), mix with chili oil, soy sauce and Sichuan peppercorns powder, and heat to hot in a pot.
- After the puqi feipian recipe is cool enough, cut into 1 1/2 inch long, 1 inch wide and very thin pieces. Whisk around with the topping sauce to well mix, garnish the dish with peanut, sesame seeds powder and coriander.