Chinese sausage is used as an ingredient in quite a number of dishes in southern Chinese provinces of Gungdong, Sichuan and also Hong kong. It adds its distinctive flavor to this easy fried rice and to this homemade Chinese Sausage Stir Fry recipe.
- 1 lb. leftover rice
- 2 oz. Chinese sausage
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper powder for taste
- Canola oil for frying
- Chop Chinese sausage into tiny pieces. Rinse garlic and green onions, chopped for this fried rice recipe.
- In a bowl, crack and beat egg lightly to until well mixed. Remove leftover rice and set to room temperature.
- Heat a wok to medium with 1 tsp oil, add egg and fry at low heat until done, remove and set aside.
- Reheat wok to medium with 1 tbsp oil, add garlic, stir fry briefly until aromatic, and add Chinese sausage.
- Combine together leftover rice, stirring constantly at medium heat until each grain loosening.
- Stir in salt and soy sauce, drizzle down dash of water if desire, whisk to mix everything around.
- Add egg back to wok with other ingredients, separate egg into pieces, stir it around with sauce.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and green onions into wok just 5 seconds before transferring.
- Taste fried rice with Chinese sausage, adjust the seasoning if desired. Remove and serve it hot!